Le Championnat d’Europe Jeune et Master de la classe qui devait se tenir en Rodez en Allemagne est annulé faut à un manque « clareté » des autorités internationales des différents pays sur la possibilité de voyage à travers l’Europe et de tenir des regroupements de plus de 150 personnes.
En France, l’Association des Europes ainsi que le club nautique du Biscarrosse Olympique maintiennent pour le moment le national Espoirs et national d’Eté de la classe, et vous présenteront dans les meilleurs délais des nouvelles sur ces événements.
Le communiqué officiel de la classe internationale concernant l’Européen :
COVID 19 / CANCELLATION OF THE MASTER & YOUTH EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP 2020.
Dear Europe Class Members.
Even though we tried to extend as much as possible the moment of decision, waiting that the governments decisions would be clearly in favour of our intention to run the event, we have to announce that the 2020 Master and Youth European Championship in Röbel/Müritz, Germany has been cancelled by the Organizing Committee with the agreement of the International Europe Class Union.
We want to thank all the feedback from the Sailors and all National Class Associations during the past weeks. The discussed waiting period with regard to further developments was extended as much as possible, but is now over. Considering the fact that the event is supposed to start in about two months we have evaluated the situation together with the board of the sailing club and the German & International Europe Class Association.
In summary, the current situation in Germany and especially in « Mecklenburg-Vorpommern » is now as follows:
1. There is still no concrete statement regarding the entry permit for foreign guests, nor about possible quarantine measures in connection with this (a determination is expected on 15.06. at the earliest)
2. Regattas are currently not allowed (there is no special status yet)
3. The restrictions on hosting events (max. 150 people at outdoor area) would not currently allow MYEC, including all sailors, organization, volunteers and all support personnel, coaches, parents, etc.
These relevant rules/facts to ensure the protection of the health of the participants as well as our members and the fact that further decisions are not expected before mid-June at the earliest, make it impossible from our point of view to organise the event in the planned period.
We cannot wait any longer in order to have enough time for preparation and to avoid further costs.
We can assure that all involved parties have done their best until the very last minute trying to make it possible, but the risks on one side of the balance are much heavier than the uncertainty of having a good event.
Ralf Radoschofski ( RSVM | Röbeler Segler-Verein „Müritz“ e. V.)
Michael.v.Schleinitz ( German Europe Class )
Paul Depoorter ( IECU )